The mission of Asolo Repertory Theatre is to entertain, engage and inspire through
the highest quality professional repertory theatre and superior educational
programs, and we continually strive to fulfill this mission through the following
- Produce bold, compelling work in a creative, nurturing home for resident and guest artists
- Give a diverse audience access to world-class productions and public programs
- Develop and present new work, and embrace innovation in artistry
- Engage youth throughout the region and state to experience, discuss and create live theatre
- Foster the next generation of American theatre artists through our partnership with the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training
As one of the nation’s only regional theatres to stage performances in true rotating repertory, Asolo Rep’s unique method challenges artists while giving resident and visiting audiences access to multiple shows in the span of a few days. Each season comprises a full nine months of productions, as well as a variety of supporting public programs (Inside Asolo Rep, Tuesday Talkbacks, Meet the Actors, Pre-Show Conversations, Family Days, Access to the Arts, Kaleidoscope, Unplugged Festival of New Plays, Faces of Change and more) designed to enhance and deepen our audience’s experience.
2014-2015 marks the third season of Asolo Rep’s five-year American Character Project, a visionary artistic framework conceived and realized under the guidance of Producing Artistic Director Michael Donald Edwards. The American Character Project is inspired by a single and yet incredibly complex question: What does it mean to be an American in today’s world? By bringing fresh perspective to classic works from America’s rich theatrical canon, shepherding new and nascent American productions to the stage, and presenting plays that explore our nation’s ever-changing place in the global community, we invite our audiences to examine this question through the lens of arts and culture.
For more details regarding the organization's financial information, select the financial tab and review available comments.
View Financial Details